Vietnamese Salad Rolls
- rice paper
- rice noodles boiled, drained, and then rinsed with cold water
- carrots raw, julienned
- green onions chopped
- basil chiffonade
- lettuce leaves washed, dried, and stems removed
- smoked tofu sliced into strips
- shrimp cooked and peeled
Dipping Sweet Chili sauce
- 4 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- ½ tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1. Dip the rice paper in warm/hot water for 2 seconds, place it on a mat or cutting board.
- 2. Place a lettuce leaf in the middle, a layer of rice noodles, and layer of any vegetables of choice.
- 3. Roll the sides in first and then roll from the bottom up (from the side closest to you to the side further away from you).
- 4. Make sure you hold the ingredients tight while rolling.
- 5. The rice paper will be sticky and hard to deal with at first; but just be patient and don't roll too tight! It will break otherwise.
Dipping Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. The only dominant component is the sweet chili sauce, while the rest is up to your discretion and taste. If you want it slightly sweeter than spicy, add some ketchup.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!