Smoked Salmon Spaghetti with Light Bechamel Sauce
For the pasta
- pasta cooked spaghetti
- 4 oz smoked salmon flaked
For the sauce
- 1 ½ cup low-fat milk
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp strong cheese chopped or grated
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- capers optional
- lemon wedge to serve
- 1. Start by sauteéing the green onions and garlic powder in the olive oil and butter for about 2 minutes - until fragrant.
- 2. Add the flour, and make a thick paste (roux).
- 3. Add the milk slowly - about 1/2 cup at a time. Let the milk be fully incorporated and slightly thickened before adding more. Add milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- 4. Mix in the cheese and sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste.
- 5. Make pasta according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain and toss with a splash of olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking.
- 6. Toss in the pasta and salmon until well coated and heated through.
- 7. Serve with a sprinkle of capers and a fresh squeeze of fresh lemon.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!