Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Slow cooker
- ½ kg beef chuck steak, cut into medium cubes
- 1 large slice onion (or 10 pearl onions/shallots)
- 3 slice carrot
- 2 unit potato cut into chucks
- 1 ½ cup of slice mushroom
- 2 unit tomato chopped
- ⅔ cup beef stock low sodium (or veggie stock)
- 2 cup red wine full-bodied
- 1 bouquet garni (sprigs of parsley, thyme, cinnamon stick, and bay leave)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1. Dry beef with paper towel or flour.
- 2. Brown beef in a heated pan on both sides.
- 3. Sautee onions and garlic.
- 4. Put all ingredients in the crock-pot, cover, and cook for 8-10 hours on low (overnight or while you're away during the day).
- 5. Serve when your busy life allows you to eat! Oh, and don't forget to pour yourself that glass of wine. I had mine with some nice french bread on the side to dip into the bourguignon.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!