Pumpkin Spice Whiskey Pancakes
- ½ cup white flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup low-fat dairy milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice or regular whiskey (optional)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1. Beat egg (or chia egg), with milk and oil - set aside
- 2. Mix all dry ingredients - make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients. Mix well.
- 3. Lightly grease small pan and scoop 1/4 or 1/3 cup of batter into pan (depending on how thin/thick you like the pancakes).
- 4. Cook over medium/low heat. Allow all the bubbles to form on the top layer - once it appears dry, flip pancake (it should not stick). Let it cook for another 1 minute and then remove it. Cooking time varies with different stoves and pans.
- 5. Serve with a natural nut butter & fruit to balance it out with healthy fats, protein and fibre.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!