Protein Brownie Balls 3 Ways: Yams, Black Beans or Pumpkin
- 1. Mix the flaxseeds and water in a small bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour with cocoa powder, hemp hearts, and baking powder.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey, and flax egg. Add the yam/black beans/pumpkin puree.
- 4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix with hands to fully incorporate.
- 5. Form into 2 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for ~20 minutes.
- 6. Drizzle chocolate sauce and hemp hearts and place in the freezer for a few minutes to cool.
- 1. Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwaveable-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until completely melted.
- 2. Note: Use oven mitts to remove the bowl - it can get very hot!
If using yams: Chop the yam into cubes and place in a pot of boiling water. Boil for 20 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool. (Placing them in a freezer speeds the process)
If using pumpkin puree: Simply add the contents to the oil/syrup/flax egg mixture.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!