Low Fat Crustless Cheesecake Heart Bites
- Silicon rubber hearts mold
- Stand-up mixer or hand-held mixture
- Deep roasting pan that will fit your mold
- 16 oz low-fat cream cheese softened (2 blocks)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 tbsp egg whites or 2 whole eggs
- 16 oz sour cream (1 pint)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Food colouring pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, and red
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2. Using the stand mixer or hand-held mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Scrape any cream cheese stuck in the mixing blade so that you don’t end up with lumps.
- 3. Add sugar and beat for 1 minute.
- 4. Add eggs and beat until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl once.
- 5. Add the sour cream and vanilla; mix just to combine.
- 6. Equally, divide the filling among 5 bowls. Add food colouring to create the colours you’d like. I did not use blue as the original recipe did not recommend it. It took between five and eight drops of colour to achieve the colours of my cakes. For orange, mix yellow and red together.
- 7. Pour mixture equally in the heart molds.
- 8. Bake cheesecakes in a water bath** (see note below for additional info) for 15-20 minutes since I used the mini heart molds. Larger molds might take up to 30 minutes. A full cheesecake will take about 45 minutes. When baked thoroughly, the cheesecakes should still jiggle, but not look soupy.
- 9. Allow to cool to room temperature – I left mine for about an hour.
- 10. Freeze the cheesecakes for at least 2 hours, and up to several weeks.
- 11. Remove from freezer and push on the underside of each heart, releasing the cheesecakes. Carefully lift them out of the mold. If they don’t pop right out, you need to freeze them longer.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!