Korean BBQ Tacos with Cucumber & Mango Slaw
For the tacos:
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 500 g tenderloin beef chunks (Or 1 block of pressed firm tofu)
- ½ head lettuce washed and dried
- ½ cucumber thinly julienned
- 1 mango thinly julienned
- 1 pepper thinly julienned
- 1 tbsp cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 springs green onion cut on a bias
- corn or flour soft tortillas
- sesame seeds optional; for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- 2. Heat up pan at medium-high heat - add oil and sautee beef or tofu on one side for about 4-5 minutes until browned.
Meanwhile, make the sauce:
- 1. Stir soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and black pepper together in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2. Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves; pour into boiling soy sauce mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce is thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 3. Mix the sauce with the beef or tofu and finish cooking for another 4-5 minute; Remove from heat when done and set aside.
- 4. Wrap tortillas with aluminum foil and place in oven to warm up - about 3 minutes, or 10 minutes if frozen.
Prepare the vegetables:
- 1. Wash the lettuce and pat dry with paper towels.
- 2. Julienne the cucumber, mango and pepper in similar sizes so that you can make a fresh slaw.
- 3. Roughly chop cilantro.
- 4. Cut green onions on a bias.
- 5. Mix the cucumber, mango, pepper and green onions, and toss with some rice wine vinegar (about 1 tbsp).
- 1. Tortilla, lettuce, beef or tofu, mango cucumber slaw, cilantro and extra sauce if you’d like
- 2. Enjoy!
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!