Indian-spiced Chicken Fajitas
- 1. Slice onions and caramelize on low heat. Caramelize the onions by adding watering to the onions when dry or the pan is brown to deglaze the pan.
- 2. Heat up grill pan. Meanwhile, mix the Tandoori spice, brown sugar, cumin, curry powder and salt to make a dry rub. Use the dry rub to fully coat the chicken breasts. Add a drizzle of oil to the grill, and cook the chicken ~ 3.5 minutes on each side, alternating twice (total of 14 minutes)
- 3. Meanwhile, slice bell peppers and zucchini - add to the grill pan after the 7 minute mark, and add lemon juice to all the ingredients in the pan
- 4. Mix the shredded cucumber with the yogurt (Strain the shredded cucumber before adding it to the yogurt if it's very watery)
- 5. Add minced garlic to the yogurt and mix
- 6. Chop cilantro or parsley
- 7. Chicken, veggies and onions should be ready by now. Remove from heat.
- 8. Layer and serve on warm naan. Top with cilantro or parsley and drizzle the yogurt sauce to finish it off.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!