Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas (ready in under 10 minutes)
- 15 oz black beans canned
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- ½ red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded; I used Little Qualicum Cheeseworks Monterey Jill cheese
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 10 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tbsp avocado oil I used Chosen Foods Avocado Oil1
- 2. To make filling: finely dice and chop red onion, pepper, garlic, and parsley. Combine black beans, corn, garlic, onion, parsley, cumin, and paprika in a large bowl.
- 3. Spoon filling onto half of a tortilla.
- 5. Cook on pan for 2-4 minutes on each side until toasted and cheese is melted.
- 6. Cut into triangles and serve with salsa.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!