Barley and Lentil Salad with Charred Corn
- 1. Start by cooking the barley: rinse well until the water is clear (not cloudy). Add 2.5 cups of cold water, season with a pinch of salt, cover and cook at medium heat for about 25 minutes.
- 2. If not using canned lentils, cook 1 cup dried lentils in 3 cups of water, for about 20 min, no soaking required. Otherwise, drain and rinse canned lentils.
- 3. Prepare vegetables: Chop basil finely; halve tomatoes; peel & dice red onion; dice zucchini.
- 4. In a large bowl, prepare dressing by whisking the dressing ingredients together.
- 5. Add lentils & toss to marinate.
- 6. In a large skillet over high heat, add frozen corn and cook. Stir often for 3-4 minutes until you start seeing the char on the corn.
- 7. Add onions and garlic for 2 minutes, until onions are tender. Turn off heat.
- 8. Stir in zucchini. Taste & adjust seasoning with salt/pepper.
- 9. Assemble salad by adding cooked veg, tomatoes and barley. Divide into bowls, and top with feta and remaining basil.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!