Avocado and Chicken Alfredo Zoodles (Zucchini Noodles)
- 2 zucchini
- 7 chicken thighs or 2 breasts
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 large avocados or 4 small
- 1 ½ cup low-fat dairy milk or almond milk
- ½ cup low-fat parmesan cheese grated
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chili oil spilt
- 1 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sliced Almonds for garnish; optional
- 1. Heat up the grill; high temperature.
- 2. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill chicken thighs for 7 minutes on each side (or large breasts for 10-15 minutes on each side). Here’s a chart for more guidelines on cooking different cuts of chicken.
- 4. In a food processor or blender, add in milk, avocado, cheese, garlic, lime juice, salt, and 1 Tbsp of the chili oil. Blend for 2 minutes until super silky smooth. Taste and adjust based on your preference. For me, I love garlic and used all 3 cloves for a super garlicky sauce.
- 5. Pre-heat a pan over medium heat with 1 Tbsp of chili oil.
- 6. Spiralize the zucchini into long noodles.
- 7. On each plate that you are going to be serving the meal in, placed some zoodles and microwaved them for 90 minutes on high. When done, remove and strain water. The longer they sit, the more water will come out.
- 8. Toss in cooked chicken, sundried tomato and sauce in the pan. Mix very gently until they’re well combined and the sauce starts gently bubbling. This should indicate that the flavours have come together and it’s ready to serve (always taste it before serving… like a chef!)
- 9. Mix in the fresh basil.
- 10. Spoon sauce over each plate of zoodles (don’t forget to strain any water first).
- 11. Top with extra fresh basil and sliced almonds for crunch.
Want to stay in the loop of all our latest and greatest nutrition info & food tips and tricks?
Join our Community!
We LOVE to share our favourite family recipes, cooking tips and tricks for busy parents, motivational boosts (because we all need it once in a while) and everything in between. We want to see you again, so join our community and show us some love!