Summer Cooking Camp for Kids In Vancouver: Nature’s Kitchen
Nature’s Kitchen (Children 9-12 years old)
A cooking camp for kids in Vancouver, BC
Getting kids into the kitchen and connecting with the outdoors
The benefits of this camp extend far beyond the handful of days we spend together. Throughout the camp, the kids learn the skills to prepare their own meals and snacks. Moreover, they can apply and practice their skills by making their own lunch and snacks during the school year.
A day in Nature’s Kitchen:
- Each day starts with energizing games and crafts while forming relationships and bonding with one another
- Campers spend time with their team leaders and teammates to establish team spirit
- Campers participate in an organized activity, such as a yoga lesson or planting seedlings, that connects to the camp’s goal of moving outdoors and healthy eating
- After, the campers engage in a cooking demo of key cooking and food safety skills led by a camp instructor
- Campers develop and build upon cooking skills by following recipes and being encouraged to taste and adjust the flavours to their preference — I call this intuitive cooking!
- Using glass jars that they personalize, campers pack their own lunch
- Campers eat their packed lunch in the outdoors together with the group
- The campers finish each day by journaling their experiences to reflect on the day’s lessons, recipes and activities